Andrew.S
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

bose companion 20 control pod

Hi there.

I've noticed that control pod on my companion 20 doesn't work correctly. 

When i try change volume, it jumps louder or quieter. 

i've seen older topics about contacting support, but i didn't find local support centre in Moscow, Russia. 

Can you help me with this issue?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: bose companion 20 control pod

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hey Andrew,

Thank you for trying that.

At this stage, if you're noticing the control pod is still not reacting in a normal fashion, we might have to look towards the option of replacing the pod. If you use the link I provided in the previous post, it will take you through to the support for your region. They'll be happy to walk you through how to get hold of a new functioning control pod.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Hey Andrew!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Companion 20 Control Pod. Have you checked the cable is securely connected, or if there is any visible damage to the cable causing the issue?

Also, have you tried disconnecting your Companion 20 system from power for two minutes, then re-connecting? You may notice a different response from the control pod?

If you're looking to contact your local support team in Russia, please use the information provided HERE.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Andrew.S
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Hi Sam.

I checked the cable, it has no dents, bends, stratches or any visual sigh of damage. It is also possible to "catch" volume level if you slightly move the adjustment ring around the axis of control pad.

Unplugging from the outlet for 2-5 minutes seems to change nothing, but I noticed that the power supply is "whistling".

Thanks for your help.

Sam_F

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hey Andrew,

Thank you for trying that.

At this stage, if you're noticing the control pod is still not reacting in a normal fashion, we might have to look towards the option of replacing the pod. If you use the link I provided in the previous post, it will take you through to the support for your region. They'll be happy to walk you through how to get hold of a new functioning control pod.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

heloboy
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

Has anyone managed to purchase a replacement pod from Bose? If so what do they charge? I tried calling them and after a frustrating dance on the telephone keypad - it goes dead.