Highlighted
djtriplet
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

companion 3 series ii trouble

Hi, i've these speakers since 5 years or so, since a couple of months they can stand at max 2 hours on and then the light on the control pod becomes less bright and it doesn't respond well to the touch and they don't work anymore or fleble sound comes out from the 2 passives (i mean i touch it and it becomes green for a few sec then turns back to orange but still not a bright light as it have when they work). I both use it with a mixer or macbook.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: companion 3 series ii trouble

Hi Djtriplet, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Companion  3 series II. I can understand how frustrating this must be and I'll do all I can to assist you! 

Has anything changed in your set up?

Once I have this information I can assist you further. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

djtriplet
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

No, nothing changed, once they go off they switch on again and work the next day (after approx. 12 hours of " rest ") for another 2 hours then the same issue comes up. Before switching off when they step from working with a bright light on the led of the control pod to a less bright light they make a noise like if i switched it off (with the button on the back of the sub) while they're on.

Hi Djtriplet, 

Thank you for coming back to me. The information you have provided has been most helpful!

At this point, I don't think there is anything further I can offer for you. It sounds like you reset your control pod for it work correctly. It sounds as if you may need a replacement. 

I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support Team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, Select your country of residence and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. 

I hope this helps, if there is anything else I can do for you please come back to me. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

kroome
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

hi djtriplet,

i had encountered some trouble with my companion 3 but not the same problem as yours... i came across some documents that has similar problem with your unit...  kindly check this site and download the companion 3 manual... pls read through since they have some useful info regarding the problem.

https://elektrotanya.com/bose_companion-3_series2_sm.pdf/download.html