unair ashfaq
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 6, 2020

companion 5

i want to know why bose disconnected this product ? and now a days i heared bose is closing from all over the world 

i need bose companion 5 speakers for computer plz note companion 50 is not my interest 

plz help

love from pakistan 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
unair ashfaq
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 6, 2020

Re: companion 5

secondly is there any news for come back of bose ?

Highlighted
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: companion 5

Firstly Bose seem to be discontinuing all of their computer speakers.  It seems there is very little demand for them anymore.  As opposed to 10 years ago, not as many people have desktop computers, and even less use their laptop in a desktop setup (permanently on the one location with everything connected).  So when it comes to computer speakers people are after small portable speakers that can fit in their bags and take with them - more like the SoundLinks.  So if customers aren't buying them, Bose won't make them.

As for Bose closing - They have announced it is a strategic move to close their own stores (almost all stores worldwide) and refocus on online and resellers.  So it's not like Bose are going out of business, it's just that there is less need for their stores anymore in this changing retail environment.  They need to adapt and that is what they have chosen to do.  You will still be able to purchase online or in third party resellers, and you can get service through their online/phone services.