Jang Green
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

compatibility with American and Korean products

I have a boss sound bar 700 that was officially imported into Korea. I want to buy 700 surround speakers that are not released in Korea through direct purchase in the U.S., is it compatible?

2 REPLIES 2
Shaggy78
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Re: compatibility with American and Korean products

Did you purchase a US Bose 700 Soundbar from a US retailer and have it shipped to SK or did you purchase a Korean Bose 700 Soundbar from a Korean Retailer?

Shaggy78
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Re: compatibility with American and Korean products

BTW - I purchased the 700 Soundbar + 700 Subwoofer but purchased the small, square 300 Surround Speakers bc I read many reviews from people who upgraded from the 300 Surrounds to the 700 Surrounds and noticed a neglible increase in sound quality or output and wished they had saved the money and just kept the 300’s because the 700 Surround Speakers are so much more expensive. I never had the opportunity to hear them back to back so maybe I don’t know what I’m missing but I’ve been happy with the 300’s. Sometimes I wish they were a bit louder but I find it completely depends on the sound source. When watching 4K/3D/2D blu-rays they sound amazing and when streaming they sound great but when watching cable TV it can be very hit or miss depending on the channel or show. Only complaint: I hate how large the power block is and the need to use two separate cables just to power the speakers. The power block is about the same size as the speaker. I don’t know if the 700’s have the same issue but the speakers themselves are larger so I would assume they have the same problem.