jjjkk3
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

receiver compatilility with bose 901 series VI

are there modern stereo receivers that are compatible with the bose 901 seriesVI with equalizer 

Bose product name 901 series six

us

4 REPLIES 4
Vicky_W

Re: receiver compatilility with bose 901 series VI

Hello Jjjkk3, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I would love to help. The 901 VI v1 needs a 10-450 W per channel, 8 ohms receiver. Providing the receiver fits within these specifications, it should work with the speakers. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jjjkk3
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

i understand that but don't you need a tape monitor port to hook up the equalizer?  have not seen a modern receiver with that input yet.  looking to bring the series VI into the 21st century.  any idea how i can do that? have had the bose 901 series speakers since the seventies. would like to keep the sound going

jorson2
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2020

please if you get info on how to do this i would appreciate it

i keep getting same answer cant with newer equipment seems like someone should know how to do this

AragornStrider
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2021

If you can find a Receiver with a 'Main-In' and 'Pre-Out' connections,  you can hook up the Bose equalizer to these jacks.

Please also take a look at my posted question (Aragorn Strider - Bose 901 VI compatible Receiver), regarding three Yamaha Receivers - the R-S300, R-S202 and the R-N303 available at www.2001audiovideo.com.