Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

sounddock 10 bluetooth connectivity

Hi Guys I have an issue connecting my Samsung 10 plus to my Sounddock. Ive reset it as per previous suggestions and tge Bluetooth led on the Bose Bluetooth module is slowly blinking. The Sounddock is discovered on my phone but it will mot connect. Ive also got similar issues with my Amazon Echo. Any suggestions on how I can get around this. Sounddock software has not been updated. 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

Re: sounddock 10 bluetooth connectivity

Hello Barr54, 

Welcome to the forums! 

The troubleshooting you have tried so far is great. To start with please can I confirm how you have your echo connected to the speaker? Have you tried using the AUX connection at all?

Just to confirm, do you have the accessory part that enables Bluetooth securely connected? If so, in the Bluetooth settings of the device, locate your Bose product in the list of previously connected products and remove it. This is typically done by selecting your product and choosing to 'Forget, Unpair, Delete', or something similar. If your product appears more than once, remove each instance. After, try again to connect the device to your product.

After that, Bluetooth devices typically remember the last several devices they connected to so they can quickly reconnect to them. In case there is an issue with the device memory, remove all products in the Bluetooth device list, then reconnect. This list is normally found in the device Bluetooth settings. Once cleared, create a new memory in the device by only connecting products you recognize and want to connect.

The last step on my list to start is to reboot your phone. Electronics might need to be reset on occasion to correct minor issues. This is typically done by shutting down the device, then powering it on again

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!