Lifestyle 235 Gemstone Speakers

JWC
Quiet Contributor

Lifestyle 235 Gemstone Speakers

My Bose receiver is dead and i have bought a Sony STR DN1080 with 6 ohms per channel.

Are the Gemstone speakers considered biwire (Ie. so i can connect each to two separate channels)? 

What is the impedance of the Gemstone speakers?

Will the Gemstone speakers be compatible with this receiver?

Thanks

JWC

4 REPLIES

Re: Lifestyle 235 Gemstone Speakers

Hi JWC

Thanks for posting in the community!

The Gemstone speakers are not compatible with third party receivers.  The reason being is they utilize two pairs of speaker wires per channel.  Also, there is a particular EQ curve that the is supplied by the bass module to give these speakers they're great performance. 

I would recommend contacting support to see if the console can be repaired.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

JWC
Quiet Contributor

Thanks Tony. 

I could figure out the impedence of the Gemstone speakers with a multimeter, but it would be way more convenient (since i don't currently own one) if you could just confirm to me what ohms the speakers are rated at.

Thanks

JWC

Hello JWC

Thanks for the reply. I looked further into this, and this specific information isn't available as it was designed to only work with the Lifestyle 235 bass module.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
JWC
Quiet Contributor

Tony

So I dissected the Bose speaker wire (there are four wires to each speaker), hooked them up to the front left/right and surround left/right outputs of my receiver and the gemstone speakers work fine.

John