Bose Virtual Surround Cinemate 130

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

Bose Virtual Surround Cinemate 130

Yesterday I was setting up my new Shaw BlueSky(Comcast X1) gear and was quite impressed with the sound field of the Dolby Digital 5.1 setting playing into the Bose Cinemate console. The cable device has a default setting of "stereo" over HDMI. Dolby Digital 5.1 over HDMI is an option. When I selected the Dolby Digital 5.1 setting the Cinemate 130 filled my room with wide( front rear and sides) sound. While I have probably heard all of this before, the quality of the sound was amazing as I was playing and alternating the settings. I switched between stereo and Dolby Digital 5.1 for comparison.

The information on the front panel of the console revealed the source activity (Dolby Digital 5.1 or Stereo PCM) accordingly, like it should.

All my gear including the Samsung TV, Yamaha BD DVD and new Blue Sky Cable/Sat box played well together.

I don't remember the show but a few channels revealed the same great Dolby Digital 5.1 sound.

My wiring schematic has gotten very simple and minimal over the past few years as the Bose and Arris hardware is offering less complicated connection options.

The combination of the simple setup of the Bose and Arris products has made for a great user experience.

Update: Stingray Music over Blue Sky comes thru to the Bose console as Dolby Digital 2.0 rather than PCM.