rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Favourite Movies and TV shows on Bose gear

Movies: Star Trek (2009) and iRobot on Blu-Ray Disk. Yamaha BD S-1065 and Bose Cinemate 130(flat orientation). AudioQuest HDMI cables. This set up performs very well and replaced an older Yamaha 5.1 receiver and speakers. It was diffcult to get the rear discrete speakers to the back of the room due to seating constraints. With the Cinemate 130 I found the sound to be unstrained and projected to the rear of the room very well. The reflected sound(vs discrete) turned out to be the best solution.

TV Shows: Utopia and Glitch playing on Apple TV and Bose Solo 10. Nice setup for casual listening in my den. The Solo systems sound great, very good bass while providing good sound separation and reflected sound.

I am curious about the new slimmer Solo 5 soundbar with Blutooth. 

7 REPLIES 7
jamie.heyward
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

Re: Favourite Movies and TV shows on Bose gear

After years of having downgraded from a full surround setup (non BOSE) to a Yamaha surround DSP bar I was feeling frivolous so purchased a Lifestyle 650 system.

My wife and I are a big fan of horror movies, one of the main reasons why I have wanted a full 5.1 system again for ages.

Have had the system for a couple of months now and my favourite BluRay surround experience so far has to be the Hills have eyes (the remake not the original).  Excellent effects throughtout from the initial scenes at the garage to the more heart pounding chase ssenes later on!

It was watching this that genuinely justified the system's purchase 🙂

Actually really enjoyed re watching a really quite bad quality DVD, "Dagon", pretty low budget Stuart Gordon horror movie but even then the rain soaked coastal village sounded great in surround!

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

The Lifestyle 650 is a big step up from a Yamaha DSP bar. The latter I found to be very narrow and anemic with it's sound dispersion. Bose has nailed wide dispersive sound across their product lines. Even the Solo's can kick the sound around in smaller rooms.

LS 650 is a good choice. I always say if you are going to be frivolous you might as well go all out! 

Highlighted
generalzod
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 15, 2016

BATMAN vs SUPERMAN on my Lifestyle 135 Series 3 bloody awesome sound. Even though it's a soundbar but the sound feels its coming from everywhere.

generalzod
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 15, 2016

Just watched ENDGAME another film demo worthy to hear on your Bose gear.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@generalzod wrote:

Just watched ENDGAME another film demo worthy to hear on your Bose gear.

The last flick I watched, Spy Who Dumped Me,  was fun albeit very predictable. A few funny parts indeed. The sound track was amazing and sounded great on my Cinemate 130 sound bar connected to my Samsung 8000 Series TV using ARC. The sound was crisp, clear and dispersive. For a virtual 5.1 system I don’t think it gets any better!

generalzod
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 15, 2016

Just watchedJohn Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum on what a movie the action is relentless the gun shots are heard all over the place.

generalzod
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 15, 2016

Terminator 3 Blu ray truly a worthy home theatre demo disc.