Sound Touch 300 | Acoustimass 300 | Virtually Invisible 300 | ADAPTiQ | Center +4 | Surrounds +10

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Sound Touch 300 | Acoustimass 300 | Virtually Invisible 300 | ADAPTiQ | Center +4 | Surrounds +10

I picked up the Sound Touch 300 package over the holidays and was able to watch plenty of movies to test this system out. I'm using a Sony XBR900E TV and Sony X800 4K Blu Ray player (Nothing crazy). 

Recommendations based soley on audio/video quality and not on movie content. Low end and surrounds are all very good in these movies...dialogue is also very clear considering all the action that is going on.

* Wonder Woman

* Transformers (The Last Knight)

* Guardians of the Galaxy 2

* Dunkirk

* John Wick 1 & 2 

Can't wait to see Blade Runner....would love to hear your recommendations! 

5 REPLIES

Re: Sound Touch 300 | Acoustimass 300 | Virtually Invisible 300 | ADAPTiQ | Center +4 | Surrounds...

Hello JusReloaded,

Thank you for posting and I glad to hear you are enjoying this system with all the components. Great movie choices on this system!!! I watched the Matrix movie series on the SoundTouch 300 and was able to enjoy them all over again. I am sure the community will reach out to you with more suggestions.

If you have any questions, let us know!

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Audible Advocate

Re: Sound Touch 300 | Acoustimass 300 | Virtually Invisible 300 | ADAPTiQ | Center +4 | Surrounds...

Thanks Joel.

I'm a huge Matrix fan. I'll give them a look this weekend! 

Audible Advocate

Power Rangers has to be added to the list. Honestly the Dolby Vision 4K maybe the best home 4K experience I've had to date. While the movie is average the video and audio quality are simply stunning.

Check out Jack Reacher 2 also!

Audible Advocate

Blade Runner 2049 sounds absolutely amazing on the ST300. The surrounds are very active during some of the rain sequences and the sub is truly pushed durning some of the action sequences. On top of this easily being a reference worthy audio soundtrack, the movie is also amazing. If you are a sci-fy fan this is a must pick up. 

* I was watching the 4K Dolby Digital Vesion (can't wait for Bose to do something with Dolby Atmos)!

Audible Advocate

Add Justice League to the list.

I watched the Apple TV's digital version which was available in 4K Dolby Vision. I'll be honest...I'm really looking forward to Bose having the newer Dolby and DTS versions but the 5.1 Dolby Digital rendering was quite stunning. IMO the audo actually outshinned the video in this movie. Surrounds were very active and while the bass wasn't anything to knock your socks off it was often present. 

Most importantly is the ability to clearly understand dialogue while NOT in enhanced dialogue (I like the soundstage better with enhanced dialogue OFF). Batman has a very dark/raspy voice and I was still able to clearly understand everything that he was saying even with the very active soundstage that was present. 

Wonder Woman was my favorite release to date of the newer DC movies but Justice League was definitely entertaining. I'd probably give it a 3.5 out of 5 for the movie itself. 4.5 out  of 5 for the audio presentation and a 4 out of 5 for the video presentation. This was a fun movie to watch at home...just be ready for the neighbors to complain if you crank this one up.

Enjoy the movie!

-JM