What volume settings do you use for center and surrounds?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

What volume settings do you use for center and surrounds?

I have soundtouch 300 with sub and surrounds. I sit about 8 feet from the soundbar and surrounds are about the same distance. I have them facing towards listening position. I personally found that the system sounds really good by setting center level about +3 and surrounds at -5. I hear a lot of people say the surround volume is too low, but they are supposed to be discrete . That means you really should only hear them when something happens like a knock at the door from behind you or gunfire or other sound effects. I have to say I am very impressed with the sound quality of this system. Just curious what others in the community are using for their volume levels.
1 REPLY
Wistful Whiz

Re: What volume settings do you use for center and surrounds?

@kojak43wrote:
I have soundtouch 300 with sub and surrounds. I sit about 8 feet from the soundbar and surrounds are about the same distance. I have them facing towards listening position. I personally found that the system sounds really good by setting center level about +3 and surrounds at -5. I hear a lot of people say the surround volume is too low, but they are supposed to be discrete . That means you really should only hear them when something happens like a knock at the door from behind you or gunfire or other sound effects. I have to say I am very impressed with the sound quality of this system. Just curious what others in the community are using for their volume levels.

Did you try running AdaptIQ to see what your system comes up with? You can always go back to your manual settings.

When I had a listen to the same setup at the Bose Store I found the ST300 to be quite spatial and open.