the best sound for the soundtouch 520

Highlighted
Silent Starter

the best sound for the soundtouch 520

Hi,

I was wondering what the best sound setting is for the bose 520 soundtouch.

I have a Samsung SUHD tv, and it has different settings. Sutch as  PCM, dollby digital and DTS neo 5.1

So far i think the DTS 5.1 has the best sound to offer. Just hope tis is not bad or somting for mijn surround system. 

So i was wondering what is the best...

Greatings Connor

1 REPLY
Wistful Whiz

Re: the best sound for the soundtouch 520

@conconchi wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering what the best sound setting is for the bose 520 soundtouch.

I have a Samsung SUHD tv, and it has different settings. Sutch as  PCM, dollby digital and DTS neo 5.1

So far i think the DTS 5.1 has the best sound to offer. Just hope tis is not bad or somting for mijn surround system. 

So i was wondering what is the best...

Greatings Connor

If you have your gear set up correctly, it shouldn’t matter what your TV sound output is. I say this because the ideal setup is to have all your peripherals including streamers,DVD player and Cable/Satellite tuners going to your console then one HDMI cable going from your console to your TV, mostly for video purposes. Your 520 should then decode your signals accordingly. For example If you are using a DVD player you can adjust the individual disk decoding in the language setup. That would in turn be handled by your 520 console which will briefly display what decoding is being used by that source on startup. 

Most cable boxes, and  streamers decode in Dolby Digital. DTS is considered more niche but some disk sources use DTS as the default. Your Bose gear shouldn’t have a problem with either.