Did you mean: 
Tbone123456789
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2021

1997 acoustic wave CD-3000 serial number

Acoustic Wave CD-3000 (1997)

United States

CD-Player clicks and starts to play, then stops and keeps clicking. IT IS NOT THE CD! I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL THAT WORK IN OTHER "OLD" MACHINES. I have reset the unit by unplugging it, waiting, then plugging it back in. The problem is that BOSE doesn't recognize the serial number on the back of the unit: [SERIAL NUMBER REMOVED BY MODERATOR]. So I can't check if it's something they fix.

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Quiet home with no other devices nearby to interfere.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Today (6/14/2021)

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Unplugged unit, tried several CD's, no visible obstructions to prevent the laser from traveling across the CD, etc.

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_G

Re: 1997 acoustic wave CD-3000 serial number

Hello Tbone123456789,

Many thanks for reaching out. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your CD3000 system.

To troubleshoot this, I recommend using something like a CD Lens cleaner - the lens on the system may be covered in dust/debris which could lead to incorrect disc readings. If this doesn't do the trick, service is generally recommended. Regrettably, however, due to the age of the model, it actually pre-dates our serial number conventions so it will not be readable by our online product identifier. In addition, we no longer carry spare parts so repairs are no longer possible.

If you continue having issues, I recommend getting in touch with the local support team in your region to discuss your options. An upgrade to a newer product may be possible in instances where a repair cannot be facilitated. 

Thanks 😊.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!