Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

A way to connect Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV to old Bose 301 Directional Speakers?

When my ancient Wave radio died a couple of weeks ago, I replaced it with a new Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV for my bedroom. In my living room is an old Sharp stereo/radio/CD with Bose 301 Series II Direct/Reflecting speakers. Is there an adaptor of some sort that would allow me to stream the radio broadcast from the new Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV to those Bose 301 Series II speakers? Thanks in advance for your help. The final goal would be to get rid of the living room system EXCEPT for the speakers.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: A way to connect Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV to old Bose 301 Directional Speakers?

Hi Organica,

As you have the Wave SoundTouch Music System IV, you will be able to use a Wireless Link Adapter to play the same audio through both your Wave and your Stereo system. You wouldn't be able to use this to stream the AM/FM radio to the stereo, but you will be able to send audio from internet radio stations through your Wi-Fi network by using the SoundTouch app.

To make this work, all you would need to do is connect both the Wave and Wireless Link adapter to your Wi-Fi network and the SoundTouch app, and have the Wireless Link adapter connected to an AUX input on your stereo. Then start playing some music using the SoundTouch app and there will be an option to "Play All" and stream the music to both the Wave and stereo at the same time. You can find more information on how this works HERE.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!