susand01
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

AWR1-1W Wave Radio Not Responding to Buttons or Remote

My radio does not respond when I push buttons on the set or on the remote.

I changed all batteries.

Do not have it hooked up to any AUX.

Just plugged into the wall and plugged into the back set.

The DISPLAY is lit up but does not change. No matter what button is pushed.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
northgs
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Re: AWR1-1W Wave Radio Not Responding to Buttons or Remote

Same, mine appears to have bricked itself this morning after a minute of use. I changed the battery and plugged in, entire display lit up. Unplugged again, got some gobbledygook. Unplugged again, nothing.

Highlighted

Hello susand01 and northgs, 

Thanks for posting in the Bose Community. Welcome to the Site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Wave Radio. If the system is not responding to button presses on the actual unit, this could signify a hardware issue. 

To test if there is an issue, please unplug the radio from power for around 1 minute. Remove any batteries from the underneath of the system. Leave the system off for a minute longer, then plug it back into power (please also replace the batteries.) 

If you still have no response from button presses, it is likely the system will have a hardware issue. With regret, Wave Radio 1 is no longer repairable so the team will be unable to assist with repairs. I would encourage you to reach out to support, however, to discuss your options for service. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
susand01
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

Thank you very much for the information about my post.

I inherited the radio and it hasn't been touched in quite a few years.

Would there be a place where I could bring the radio; maybe someone could take a look at it?