boze26
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

AWRC1P Wave Remote Preset Buttons

Hello,

I own two Bose Wave radios.  My Bose Wave II has a remote, and when I hold down the radio preset buttons on the remote, the channel gets set to that station after a few seconds.  However, with my AWRC1P remote, when I hold down one of the six preset buttons on the remote, the radio jumps back to the last preset and does not allow me to set a new station.  I can do it on buttons atop the Wave itself, but not with the remote.  Is this normal?  Every other button on the AWRC1P remote works perfectly.  I need to know whether I need to order a new remote or if that is just a quirk of that early model, requiring presets to be done only atop the Wave radio only?  Thank you for your time. 

10 REPLIES 10
Community_Admin

Re: AWRC1P Wave Remote Preset Buttons

Hi Boze26,

Welcome to the community, I'd love to do what I can to help.

Just so I ensure I understand correctly, you have a Wave Radio II and a Wave Radio/CD system. 

On your Wave Radio II your presets work correctly on the system and with the remote, however with your other system, the remote control does not appear to play your presets correctly?

Do let me know if I have misunderstood, I'd love to do what I can to help.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
boze26
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

Yes; correct  My black Bose Wave II with remote works just fine and the accompanying remote (black remote) allows me to set stations using the 6 preset buttons.  However, on my model AWRC1P (1st generation) white with CD player, my remote for that machine (white remote) does NOT allow me to set any stations using the 6 buttons, no matter how hard I press down on the remote's buttons.   Every other function on that first generation white remote works perfectly.  So I'm wondering if the first generation white remote is not functioning properly and I need to order a new one?  I see on Ebay that the remotes for that AWRC1P generation are now black.  I just don't want to waste money ordering up a remote on Ebay if the AWRC1P model's remote did/does not allow for presets to be set via the remote, and can only be done on the top of the machine itself (which also works fine on mine). 

Community_Admin

Thanks for confirming this for us!

Both of these remotes are Infrared, meaning some controls will be able to function with both of your Wave Systems using one remote. 

Can you take your Wave II remote and attempt to use this with your older Wave system to see if the presets reach the same way with this remote control?

Do let us know how you get on.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
boze26
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

I just did a test.  The first generation (white) remote DOES NOT affect the Bose Wave II machine at all;  and the Bose Wave II (black) remote DOES NOT affect the original AWRC1P.  Frankly, I would expect otherwise as I figured they are on different frequencies.  

Anyway, back to the original problem, every button works fine on the white original remote EXCEPT it does not allow me to preset stations on the accompanying AWRC1P machine.  The buttons do allow me to change the station to the preset station once I set it using the buttons atop the AWRC1P itself.

boze26
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

Sorry, frankly I would NOT expect one remote to affect the other as they are on different frequencies.

Community_Admin

No problem at all, thanks for giving this a go for me. 

I would expect a new remote control is required if this works fine on the speaker itself and it is just the remote providing difficulties. You can purchase a replacement remote directly through Bose via your local product support team. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. Do note, if you are going through Facebook or Twitter, our agents cannot process any payment transactions.

Thank you.

boze26
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

Again, thank you kindly for your help with this. It means a lot to me.  I also see that there is no way to set the time using the original (white) AWRC1P remote.  One must set the time using the buttons atop the Wave radio itself.   So it the time function must be performed on the machine itself, it is possible that the original programming did not allow for station presets to be done using the remote.  Standing by.........

Community_Admin

Yes that would be correct, to set the time this will be done on the speaker itself. 

To set the time;

Hold down either Time < or > button or press the same one twice. The time changes slowly at first but then gets faster. Release the clock set button to stop. 

As for the presets, this should be possible. To select a station, set to AM or FM if needed. Then press the corresponding preset button on your speaker or your remote for the desired station. 

boze26
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

I tried the phone number/text for support.  That didn't work; nor did trying to reach someone via email. The automated system just states that my product is out of warranty (I know that) and that I need to send in the malfunctioning part for them to send a replacement.  I just want to know if the original (white) remote is working as programmed or whether indeed I should be able to set station presents using the awrc1p's remote.  If someone has an original Bose Wave with the white remote, they should definitively be able to tell me that yes, my original white remote is not functioning as designed, and I will gladly order a new one.