Highlighted
mgepstein
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Acoustic Wave Music System - CD doesn't work

I have an 18 year old Acoustic Wave Music System with a later-added 5-slot CD changer.

All of a sudden the "top" CD single player doesn't play - the CD goes round and round, but just

makes  "click clack" noise.

Nothing "looks" out of sorts; I tried unplugging/re-plugging - no difference.

The attached 5-slot CD changer works - and I can play CD's thru that.  But it would be nice to

have the "top" single player work again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Acoustic Wave Music System - CD doesn't work

Author Accepted Answer selected by mgepstein

Hi There, 

Thank you both for reaching out and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your wave systems. I'll do all I can to point you in the right direction!

I would recommend a CD lens cleaner. This should clean the internal mechanism of the Wave system and may help with your issues. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

4 REPLIES 4
lorriehig@yahoo.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

My wave single CD player and radio stopped working suddenly around 11/20/19. It is at least 10 years old, but the CD player has very few hours logged, and the radio is on most of the time. We had a brief power outage around that time that took out my TV and computer, but not my lights or upstairs radio. The next day, the Bose radio/CD player (downstairs) weren't working. I turned off and on, unplugged for 15 seconds, and though the clock works and the remote buttons work to turn up the volume, and accept or reject a CD, the CD does not play, and the radio does not work. Can it be repaired? I have a second Wave Player w/3 CD slots that was recently sent to Bose for repair and returned. It's working fine now. Cost: $95, turnaround time about three weeks.

Author Accepted Answer selected by mgepstein

Hi There, 

Thank you both for reaching out and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your wave systems. I'll do all I can to point you in the right direction!

I would recommend a CD lens cleaner. This should clean the internal mechanism of the Wave system and may help with your issues. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

mgepstein
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Re: Acoustic Wave Music System - CD doesn't work CLEANING LENS WORKED

Many thanks - so simple, duh!  Yup, using an optical cleaning cloth fixed the problem.

All is good!

Re: Acoustic Wave Music System - CD doesn't work CLEANING LENS WORKED

Hello Mgepstein, 

Thanks so much for getting back to us. 

I am so glad that this solution worked for you. 

Do let us know if you need assistance in the future, 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W