Highlighted
zoonie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2020

Acoustic Wave® music system II Power issue

Hi. I have an old Acoustic Wave® music system II. It recently started turning itself on after the power button is pressed. It shuts off, but about a minute later, it turns itself back on. I have tried unplugging it, but that has not helped. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Acoustic Wave® music system II Power issue

Author Accepted Answer selected by zoonie

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear the Acoustic Wave is back up and running correctly again. It could just have been the speaker needed a bit of a rest and having it off for that extended period of time fixed it.

I hope you enjoy your new speaker as well!

Let me know if you have require any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi zoonie,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the power on your Acoustic Wave and I would be happy to help with this.

Just to clarify, are you turning the speaker off with the button on the remote or the onboard controls? Does the speaker behave in the same way for both controls?

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting already, I would always recommend power cycling the speaker for 1 minute for any power issues.

I would also recommend checking to see if the remote might be misbehaving and causing the speaker to turn itself back on. If we remove the batteries from the remote, we can make sure that it is not able to send a signal to the speaker. Then we can power off the speaker and see if it stays powered off.

If you still need assistance after trying this I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

zoonie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2020

Hi Keith,

Well, it seems to be working again.

We went through several weeks of this happening, so we went ahead and ordered a new Bose unit. After getting your email today, I tried plugging it in again after it had been unplugged for about 4 days, and it works.

To answer your question, it was turning back on after about a minute no matter what method we used to turn it off. 

So, now we have an ancient Bose and a brand spanking new one!

Thanks for your reply.

Shawn

Author Accepted Answer selected by zoonie

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear the Acoustic Wave is back up and running correctly again. It could just have been the speaker needed a bit of a rest and having it off for that extended period of time fixed it.

I hope you enjoy your new speaker as well!

Let me know if you have require any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

View solution in original post