Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

Adding more services to SoundTouch app.

There is a digital radio station that I just discovered. It is “roots.fm” I have it installed on every player in my home except the Bose. It seems to be available only on the MyTuner app. Every other station I like is on TuneIn. Is there any way to add MyTuner to the list of services? I don’t use Deezer or Spotify if one needs to be deleted. Could you possibly look into this addition? I cannot wait to hear this channel through my Bose.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding more services to SoundTouch app.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Thanks for updating us on this Michael! 

Are you ensuring that you capitalize the KKIK? We have just given this link here a test and was able to correctly stream this. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hey NancyBono, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I would be more than happy to pass on your feature request. In the meantime, you could add it as a custom station using the steps here

Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

Vicky, I have been trying for hours to get this to work. I get to the custom page, enter the url and then get a 3102 or 3103. I won't give up without trying everything I can. I was told I should get an Amazon Echo and hook it into the Bose. But that kind of defeats the purpose of the expensive radio. Is there any way you can help? mytuner.com plays roots.fm    Any browser plays root.fm or the roots.fm

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

I would also like to add the MyTuner streaming to my Bose SoundWave and SoundTouch. I tried to add a specific station using the steps outlined but the Bose app won't accept an httpS URL, which is what the station uses.

Very frustrating to have hundreds of dollars of equipment and such a terrible interface.

@MichaelW & NancyBoo, are you able to find the specific web page of the station instead of using MyTuner? This should help you to get the custom URL's working. 

Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

The station I want is KKIK 106.5FM Outlaw Country, from Arkansas (I'm in Ontario Canada).

It doesn't have a dedicated website per se, it has a corporate page at https://whiterivernow.com/ar1033/ and the online radio player URL is https://us7.maindigitalstream.com/3803/  I've tried using this URL to add the station but it didn't work.

In following the steps outlined here for accessing a specific channel, the URL I used was https://us2.maindigitalstream.com/ssl/kkik 

It seems the Bose app doesn't like secure (HTTPS) URLs.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Thanks for updating us on this Michael! 

Are you ensuring that you capitalize the KKIK? We have just given this link here a test and was able to correctly stream this. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Well, it took three attempts but it worked!! I made sure the URL had the station call sign (KKIK) all in upper case. Thank you very much.

@MichaelW, we are so glad this worked for you. Please can you mark @Hector_B's post as the accepted solution to help others?

Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

I will. Couple of things, though:

1) Using this method, the display on the Soundwave IV and Soundtouch 30 no longer shows the song/artist information or the station name (Outlaw Country) and frequency (106.5) as it did when it came through TuneIn. It's now static, showing only the station call sign (KKIK) which I had entered.

2) I would still very much like to be able to add other streaming services, like MyTuner, as @NancyBono had originally requested.