trimley-dave
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

All Cd's are now "NOT PLAYABLE"

Bose product name: Wave SoundTouch music system series IV

Firmware Version: 0404080628 1651 (I got this from pressing Alarm setup until Setup Menu appeared, then pressed 6 for a few seconds) Hope that's correct

I was playing a CD when suddenly it stopped and said NOT PLAYABLE. I have tried lots of different CDs and all NOT PLAYABLE. Have unplugged the machine and restarted it, but still the same. I don't play CDs very often, so the player is hardly worn out. Very disappointed. 

To be honest this is a further disappointment following on from the TuneIn issue whereby in UK we can't play foreign radio stations. All in all, my Bose is becoming redundant. I do hope you can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: All Cd's are now "NOT PLAYABLE"

Author Accepted Answer selected by trimley-dave

Hey trimley-dave,

I'm sorry to learn you're encountering an issue with the CD Player of your SoundTouch Wave IV system, but I'd be happy to assist with some troubleshooting. It's good to see you've already attempted a reset as this will be recommended, as well as testing multiple CD's.

If you haven't already, you may want to try the following:

1. Unplug the system from power

2. Flip upside down.

3. Gently tap the bottom to clear any dirt or debris.

4. Plug system back into power and test CDs.

Let me know if this helps you out at all!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Sam_F

Author Accepted Answer selected by trimley-dave

Hey trimley-dave,

I'm sorry to learn you're encountering an issue with the CD Player of your SoundTouch Wave IV system, but I'd be happy to assist with some troubleshooting. It's good to see you've already attempted a reset as this will be recommended, as well as testing multiple CD's.

If you haven't already, you may want to try the following:

1. Unplug the system from power

2. Flip upside down.

3. Gently tap the bottom to clear any dirt or debris.

4. Plug system back into power and test CDs.

Let me know if this helps you out at all!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

trimley-dave
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Hi Sam - apologies for delay in replying. I did as you suggested, and now CD's are playing again. I must admit I was quite skeptical, but it worked! Many thanks

Vicky_W

@trimley-dave, I am so glad that this worked for you! Could you please mark Sam's post as the accepted solution to assist others in resolving this issue?

Derek Logue
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

I’ve tried tapping the bottom, resetting, plugging into another outlet and my cds are still not playing

Vicky_W

@Derek Louge, I am sorry to hear this. Can I please confirm if this is with all CD's or just a specific one?

Derek Logue
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

It’s all cds. I even tried the demonstration disc and it didn’t work either.

Vicky_W

@Derek Logue, I understand. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your speaker. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. Or you can book in an exchange on the UK or US website by selecting the option under the 'Support Tab'.  

Derek Logue
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

Vicky

This is extremely disappointing from Bose especially since this seems to be a common problem with the Wave Music System. Why do Bose therefore not have a solution to the problem, surely do they not have the resources to find a solution? My system is only 4 years old and this shouldn't have happened. I have much older music systems and all are working perfectly. For a company like Bose to suggest that I "reach out" through social media platforms for a solution is preposterous and unacceptable. 

I await your reply

Derek Logue