Highlighted
fulmind
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

Any plan to firmware upgrade adding airplay or Chromcast Audio, or Aptx HD?

I wonder you have any plan of firmware upgrade with Soundtouch wireless link adapter. Because the sound quality of Soundtouch wireless link adapter is not good with bluetooth.

And the wifi connection with pc is limited to the internet streaming services. 

with airplay or airplay 2, chromecast audio, the sound of pc can send to Soundtouch wireless link adapter in good sound quality.

Soundtouch app can not recognize the music files in the local pc hard drive, the music files in the NAS drive in the same wifi network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Any plan to firmware upgrade adding airplay or Chromcast Audio, or Aptx HD?

Author Accepted Answer selected by fulmind

Hello fulmind, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I can confirm we have no information regarding future updates to the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter. When new updates are announced they are posted to our news page of this site, which is where we learn about the features at the same time as product owners like yourself.

I can also confirm Airplay 2 is still in development for SoundTouch products and will be coming in the near future! 

I should add SoundTouch is compatible with locally stored music and music on a NAS drive.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by fulmind

Hello fulmind, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I can confirm we have no information regarding future updates to the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter. When new updates are announced they are posted to our news page of this site, which is where we learn about the features at the same time as product owners like yourself.

I can also confirm Airplay 2 is still in development for SoundTouch products and will be coming in the near future! 

I should add SoundTouch is compatible with locally stored music and music on a NAS drive.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

davidmelis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 10, 2017

Whoop!  Whoop!  Another recent Bose confirmation that AirPlay 2 development is not abandoned for SoundTouch. The wait will be worth it!  I have been waiting for a few years for all my SoundTouch Series III devices to play nicely with my other non WiFi Bose speakers which are connected to Apple TV’s and Airport Expresses. Thank you for the reassurance Bose!