Boseyiv
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Audio output

Hello. I like to play my guitar along with music, so use the mini earphone

jack from my smart phone & tablet, out into a line in on my mixing board.

It accepts line level signals. Is there any reason I should not use my soundwave

for the same purpose?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Audio output

Hi, 

Thank you for posting and joining us here in the community.

Just to clarify, are you intending to connect the output from your smartphone or tablet to the Wave? Or are you intending to plug the guitar into it?

You absolutely can connect the output of your phone or tablet to the Wave's AUX input and use that to play music for you to play along to. You would need a 3.5mm - 3.5mm jack cable to be able to connect them. 

I would not, however, recommend connecting the guitar directly into your Wave.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Boseyiv
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Hello. Thank you for your response. I may have miscommunicated the query though. I use the 3.5 mm earphone jack on my devices as a line out, into an input

port on my mixing board, which is designed to accept line level signals. Mono or stereo, balanced or unbalanced. My guitar amp is also plugged into the board, so I hear both. Being as the bose is plugged into the wall for power, as opposed to battery driven, I was wondering if the 3.5 mm output jack has similar line levels as most other devices.

I hope that wasn’t too muddy.

Thanks for your time.

Highlighted

Thank you for the clarification!

So to make sure I have this correct, you are looking to take a line-level signal out of your wave, into the mixing desk and send it to other speakers?

You should definitely be able to do that, you would just need to connect from the headphones/AUX out on your speaker, into your mixing desk. The output is a standard line-level output.

Just to let you know though, when you have a cable connected to the headphones output on the speaker, it will only play through the AUX connection, it won't use the in-built speakers.

I hope I understood you correctly this time, let me know if not and I'll be happy to help.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Boseyiv
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Thank you very much. That is the information I was looking for. 

Cheers!