Highlighted
jayeshkumar1976
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

Aux input on Wave III suddenly stopped working

Hello,

i have been using my Bose wave III since last 4 years and suddenly today, the sound aux input stopped working only when I connect with my LG smart TV which was working fine till now. I tried connecting TV to other speaks using the same cable and it works and similarly, Bose connected to other input devices like Mobile phone also works. I am totally lost.. I am using a regular 3.5 mm cable for both input and output.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jayeshkumar1976
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

Re: Aux input on Wave III suddenly stopped working

Author Accepted Answer selected by jayeshkumar1976

Thank you Tegan.

It was an issue with a setting in LG Smart TV which has an option to adjust volume of external speakers and that was set to a very low volume. Hence, no output was coming to Bose wave system. It is nothing to do with Bose system. 

4 REPLIES 4

Hello jayeshkumar1976, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am very sorry to hear that the AUX connection on your Wave system appears to no longer be working. 

We appreciate you taking the time to try some troubleshooting. 

These steps may sound simplistic however we would like to ensure that this has been looked into.

I would suggest that you take a look at the AUX jack on your system. Does there appear to be any blockages in the system? 

Is the AUX cable also securely attached to the system and you have selected AUX on the remote when playing audio from this source?

Please let us know, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support

jayeshkumar1976
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by jayeshkumar1976

Thank you Tegan.

It was an issue with a setting in LG Smart TV which has an option to adjust volume of external speakers and that was set to a very low volume. Hence, no output was coming to Bose wave system. It is nothing to do with Bose system. 

chloe.bizalion@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

I believe there is something wrong with the aux input and that there might be blockages as i've tried a few different aux cords and they only work if I prop them up somehow to a certain angle. How do I fix this? 

Hello Chloe,

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear your AUX input appears to be damaged. Please reach out to local support in your country to discuss your options for service. Details can be found here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G