Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

Aux port on Sound Wave IV

i plugged in a aux cable to the port on my Sound Wave IV and then connected to my iphone.  All i got was buzzing noise and i was not able to play music through my phone. Help

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Aux port on Sound Wave IV

Hi midnitewind,

Thanks for reaching out to the community, I would like to do what I can to help. 

Firstly, did you have your Wave system in AUX mode first when you received this static?

Also, have you got any adaptor between the AUX cable to your iPhone?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

yes, it was on aux and no i just have the aux cable with the adaptor to connect to my iphone 8, otherwise i cant connect the aux cord to my phone.  All i get is a very loud buzzing noise

Highlighted

Thanks for clarifying, Midnitewind.

Have you been able to try a different AUX cable for reference? The cable you're trying may be damaged therefore causing that noise to happen. Also, do you have any other devices which can be connected by AUX such as headphones? It may be worth testing these with your phone to see if the headphones product any static noise.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!