Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

BOSE WAVE CD player drive belt

Does anyone know where and how I can obtain a 1/2 " OD BOSE WAVE CD player drive belt. It attaches to the gear that opens and closes the CD door?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: BOSE WAVE CD player drive belt

Hey Robby,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry but we do not sell replacement parts. The best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your system. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

Re: BOSE WAVE CD player drive belt - Solved

I could not find a belt small enough so I called the manufacturer and was told that that they do not sell spare parts and the agent told me that her recommendation was to send it in  and they would repair it for $125. I asked her if she was in Framingham, Massachusetts - she replied that she was in Manila, Philippines. Not wanting to pay $125 to have a belt put in, I went to my local hardware store and matched up the broken belt with an O ring that looked like a good fit, installed it and the CD player worked like a charm. The O ring cost me $0.43. I saved $125 by spending 43 cents.