Big Wave
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

BOSE Wave System Clock Won't Set with Remote

I have a BOSE Wave System model AWRCCJ and the clock will not set with the remote (Time +/- buttons).  The light in the corner of the clock unit display simply blinks.  I replaced the battery in the remote and it is OK.  Is it the backup battery?  I went to the site to find where this is and it shows a battery location under the unit, but there is not a battery opening there on mine.  Can you help please?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: BOSE Wave System Clock Won't Set with Remote

Hi Big Wave,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble setting the time on your Wave System.

The backup battery should not affect this process as it is only used to retain settings in the case of a power cut, so it should not stop you from setting the time.

When we are trying to set the time on the Wave, what we want to do first is press and hole either the Time - or + until "-Clock Set-" appears on the display, then use the Time - or + button until the displayed time is correct.

Here is a link to a guide to set the time on your radio.

I hope this helps.

Keith_L - Community Support - 

Big Wave
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried many times and the time will not set when pushing either the Time - or +. The indication "-Clock Set-" does not appear on the display, rather there is a light in the bottom right corner which flashes.

The remote sets the time on 1 of my BOSE Wave System units but not the other (I have 2 so have checked both units with both remotes) … I don’t know what to do.  The other functions of the remote work fine, and the remote from the other BOSE unit behaves exactly the same way.  Thus I thought of the backup battery …..

Can you help?  Thank you.

Hi Big Wave, 

Thanks you for trying this out for us and i'm sorry this does not work at the moment.

I would advise to reset the wave system and then try to set the clock to see if this works. To reset the speaker, you would just disconnect the Wave system from power for roughly 1 minute and reconnect back to power.

Once the system powers back on, if you can try to set the clock again and see if this works at all?

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Big Wave
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Thanks again for the reply, but I tried unlugging it for a minutes (and then again for 5 minutes) but the clock will still not be set puching the Time +/- buttons.  There is a light in the bottom right corner beside the clock which flashed when I press Time +/-.

Everything else works.  I'm unsure what to do, but these are very expensive and there must be a fix ... please and thanks!

Hi Big wave, 

Thank you for getting back to us. As these trouble shooting steps don't seem to be working at the moment, your best bet would be to reach out to your local customer service centre who will be able to help you further. You can find the contact information HERE, please click on your country and scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'contact us'. 

Kind Regards, 

Keith_L - Community Support -

Highlighted
Big Wave
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Bose doesn't know about this and wants me to send it back for repair - cost $130!  After paying how much to buy it??  WTH??

I think we will get a different player.  Too bad.