Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffidentity
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2020

Re: BOSE Wave System Clock Won't Set with Remote

I am experiencing this problem as well. I have a Bose Wave System 3 and when I press and hold the Time + or - the message "Hold to Set" blinks rapidly but it will not go to "Clock Set" and allow me to actually set the clock. 

Jim Williams
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2021

I have the same problem with my remote. It has always had the problem with trying to get it in to the set mode. You see the blinking on the display showing it is receiving the signal but does not go in to the set clock nor set radio station mode. I'll be interested in any response to this problem.

Leon Perth
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2021

Sorry I don't have  an answer but do have the same problem. My wave is telling me "the action is not available". Not great when you think what these things cost.  

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

If you are unable to set the clock on your Wave, and the troubleshooting steps posted in the thread above have not helped, please do reach out to your local support team as they will be able to help you get this resolved. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Organica
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

Thanks for solving this problem, Thomas. I was trying while the radio was playing and there was no reponse to pressing the Time button on the remote. Once I turned the radio off, the time was easily reset and I'm all ready now for Daylight Saving Time.

a3igner
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2021

Mine is from 2004 i think. I can't set the Time anymore. The +/- time button they do still seem to send a signal from the remote, indicated by the indicator light on the display flashing, but the unit doesnt respond to "set time" anymore. It used to just shift the minutes accordingly up or down.

Is there a magic way to solve this? 

Turning off? Waiting for Memory to clear? Whats the magic behind this?

Vicky_W

@a3igner, I am sorry to hear you are having issues setting the time on your Wave Music system. Just to confirm, is this your system here? If so, are these the steps here you are using to set the time:

To set the clock:

1. On the remote control, press and hold the Time - or Time + button until -CLOCK SET- appears on the system display
    Tip: If no adjustments are made within 5 seconds, the system exits clock setup
  2. Press the Time – or Time + buttons to set the time, or hold the buttons to scroll faster

To select AM/PM or 24-hour time format:

1. On the remote, press and hold the Alarm Setup button until -SETUP MENU- appears in the display
  2. Press the Tune > button repeatedly until the TIME setting appears in the display
  3. Use the Time + and Time - buttons to select the 12 or 24-hour format
  4. Once selected, wait 10 seconds for the menu to disappear from the display

If the above steps are the ones you are using and it is still not working, can I please confirm, can you control other aspects of the system with the remote? As long as you can use the remote to control other aspects, we should be able to perform a factory reset. This reset erases all settings and returns your product to its default out-of-box state.

1. On the remote control, press and hold the Alarm Time button until -SETUP MENU- appears on the system display
  2. Press the Tune > button repeatedly until RESET ALL appears
  3. Press the Time + button to select Y
  4. While PRESS 2 TO CONFIRM scrolls across the display, press the 2 button

Let me know if this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
a3igner
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2021

Thanks your Support on Whatsapp tried a factory reset with me. 

Which is not possible either, since i  cannot get into the Menu either using the Remote.

Everything else all the buttons are working though.

Support told me to buy a new remote and try it with that. 25EUR. 

Thanks