Wave Bluetooth Music Adapter

Country

USA

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Apple iPad (7th Generation) Software version 14.2 and iPhone.

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Unable to connect Bluetooth with newer Apple iPad. Works fine with older Apple iPad (10.3.3)

What environment do you experience the issue in?

Living room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Works fine with Apple iPad IOS 10.3.3 but will not connect with newer iPad or iPhone.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Contacted Apple and verified that iPad connected to other Bluetooth devices. Wondering about

compatibility with Bose Bluetooth device and what to do about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2020

Re: Bluetooth Compatibility

Author Accepted Answer selected by turnej

Pressing and holding down the 6 key as per your instructions worked and the device connected flawlessly. Thanks so much for your help. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hey turnej,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulties connecting your BT adapter to your new iPad and iPhone, but I'd be happy to assist with this.

Are you new and old iPad running the same iOS version? Have you tried a reset on your Bose system by disconnecting it from power for two minutes?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2020

Requested Information: Re: Bluetooth Compatibility

The newer iPad and iPhone are both using 14.2, the older iPad (which works fine with the Bose Bluetooth adapter) is using IOS 10.3.3. I have tried unplugging the Bose for a few minutes and restarting. I have also tried other techniques to attempt connecting. None have worked. The newer iPad and iPhone connect fine with other Bluetooth devices. If it is a compatibility issue with the Bose, is there an update available?

Hello turnej, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I have checked and there are no updates available at this time for the Wave Bluetooth Music Adapter.

Have you tried to clear the device list on the adapter to set it up for pairing to new devices? 

Instructions

1. Power on your product and select the Bluetooth source
  2. On the remote control, press and hold the 6 button for about 10 seconds until a tone is heard.

Once the memory is cleared, your product enters Discoverable mode and is ready to connect a new device.

Please let me know if this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by turnej

Pressing and holding down the 6 key as per your instructions worked and the device connected flawlessly. Thanks so much for your help. 

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2020

Re: Bluetooth Compatibility with IOS14.2

I have a Bose SoundTouch Series IV and for some reason I can no longer get it to pair with my iPad or iPhone.  Both of the Apple products pair to my mini-sound link.  I unplugged the SoundTouch for 10 minutes.  I held the 6 down for over 2 minutes without hearing a sound.  The SoundTouch says ready to pair on the screen, but does not show the name of any device.  The Apple product shows that it is connected.  When I touch the button on the remote it toggles between;  Bluetooth Ready to Pair, AUX,Select Preset, Setup See Instr....,.

Yes I did put a new battery in my remote.

It worked fairly well last week.

Re: Bluetooth Compatibility with IOS14.2

Hi Hank4647,

If you have a Wave SoundTouch Music System IV, then pressing and holding 6 won't have the effect you are after. That step is for an older Wave system using a Bluetooth adapter. For your wave, what you will want to do is turn on the Wave, then press and hold the SoundTouch button on your remote for about 10 seconds until the system display shows a confirmation message. This will clear the pairing list on the Wave and allow you to establish a fresh connection to your iPad and iPhone.

You will also want to forget the Wave from the Bluetooth list on your iPad and iPhone before reconnecting to the Wave. 

Let me know how this goes!