charlieo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Bluetooth drops out intermittently on Sound Touch Music Wave IV

Bluetooth connected to Android phone or Amazon Echo Dot stops out every 30 to 60 seconds. This just started recently and continues elafter the most recent update. Bluetooth is smooth and consistent with other brand speakers (UE MiniBoom and Monster Hot Shot.) Maybe the premium product (BOSE) should work as well??????
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bluetooth drops out intermittently on Sound Touch Music Wave IV

Author Accepted Answer selected by charlieo

Hi charlieo, 

We are very sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues. At this stage, we would recommend a reset of your product. To do this follow these steps: 

1. If there is a disc in the system, eject it whenever possible
  2. Turn the system off
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the Wave SoundTouch. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
    1. If there is a disc in the system that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds
  5. Retest the system

Also, make sure that your system is in the recommended range of 30ft from your Bluetooth device.

Let us know if this solves your issue!

Warm Regards,

Sam F  

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Charlieo, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I would recommend updating the firmware on the system. The instructions on how to do this can be found HERE

I hope this helps, have a great day! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

charlieo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

I did the manual update. It's no better, maybe worse. You can't listen for more than a minute or two. You guys really messed it up. It was great before. Do I have to fish out some CDs from storage?? vtuner gone, no NAS support and now Bluetooth is acting up. Frustrating!!!
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by charlieo

Hi charlieo, 

We are very sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues. At this stage, we would recommend a reset of your product. To do this follow these steps: 

1. If there is a disc in the system, eject it whenever possible
  2. Turn the system off
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the Wave SoundTouch. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
    1. If there is a disc in the system that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds
  5. Retest the system

Also, make sure that your system is in the recommended range of 30ft from your Bluetooth device.

Let us know if this solves your issue!

Warm Regards,

Sam F  

charlieo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Yes! Thanks that did the trick. Suppose it should have been the first I should have done.