RSouthern
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2021

Bose Acoustic Wave Music System II

I have a Bose Acoustic Wave Music System II and it has a Bose Link jack connector on the back of it (9 pin). I was wondering if I can connect a Bose Acoustimass powered system using this wired Bose link jack on the back and hook it up to the Bose link input jack on the Acoustimass subwoofer? The Bose Acoustic Wave Music system II sounds great in the mid to upper audio range but is lacking on the bottom end and this is why I want to hook up a powered acoustimass subwoofer to it. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Re: Bose Acoustic Wave Music System II

Hey RSouthern, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'll be happy to help you with your question. The BoseLink connection on the back of your Acoustic Wave II is to allow the system to be connected in a multi-room setup with other legacy Bose products. You will be unable to connect the subwoofer to add bass to your current setup. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
vd1995
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2021

Re: Bose Acoustic Wave Music System II

Hello,

As described below, the BoseLink port on the back of your Wave system is only for connecting it to an SA-1 amplifier, which will then allow it to be connected to a Bose home entertainment system, such as a Lifestyle system, a Cinemate system, or a 3-2-1 system. I believe you can then broadcast music or other audio from your home entertainment system to all systems connected to the SA-1 amplifier, essentially creating a multi-zone home entertainment system. The only external audio output (at least on the smaller Wave tabletop systems, not sure about the Acoustic Waves) is a stereo headphone port that is 3.5mm (1/8"). I suppose you could connect another set of speakers to that headphone output, but other than that, adding additional speakers/subwoofers onto the Wave system and keeping audio playing out of the system's internal speakers isn't possible. Hope this helps.

-Vincent