Bose Music System IV has terrible AM reception

Silent Starter

Bose Music System IV has terrible AM reception

Bought a new Music System IV to replace a old Wave Machine. The Wave Machine got great AM reception in the right spots of the LR. The new System IV is TERRIBLE on AM. Have tried everyplace in the room, unplugged many times to reset and still the same. Even on our local stations. This cannot be standard for a BOSE product. Is this a malfuntion or what?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose Music System IV has terrible AM reception

Hello RonS51,

Thank you for your message, welcome to the community!

I am very sorry to hear you're having this issue but I would love to help get this resolved for you. 

I would firstly suggest performing a product reset, instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn the product off
  • Unplug the power cord from the power outlet. Wait 1 minute
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Retest the system

Please let us know if this provides any results for you.

Warm regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Silent Starter

I have done this but most of the time it doesn't change anything, still static. A few times early upon getting the item the static would be gone while I was listening to the station. But after I shut the radio off the next time static was there again and could not get away from it. With the old Wave Machine I have I had to move it to the right place in the room to get good reception but this thing it just doesn't make anydifference static is the same.

Now for months I just can't listen to AM on the radio no matter where the stations are.

Hi RonS51, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I'm sorry to hear that the reset has not resolved your issue. I can understand how frustrated you must be. 

As the Antenna on these systems has the added need for DAB radio, it may not be picking up the signal as strong as before. Especially if your area is difficult to pick up AM radio in the first place. 

These systems do have an option of an additional antenna that may be beneficial to you. I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support team to see if you can source this. Click the LINK HERE, Select your country of residence and scroll down to 'Contact Us'.

Let us know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O