Highlighted
JPSinger
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Bose Sound Wave IV

I have a Soundwave IV.   We like to listen to a few internet stations - one in NYC and one in Paris.  I have to re establish my connection with my phone and unit on a regular basis.  For some reason it stops being paired,  has to be upgraded, can't find my internet - or many other "reasons" for not working.

And calling technical support has been unproductive.  Twice this morning I went through the whole explanation - would be connected to the right person - and the call was disconnected.   I spent 1/2 hour this morning alone trying to get my internet radio to work.  

Local stations are fine but then, I can get local stations anywhere.

I am not happy with this machine or the technical support.   If it is something that I am doing I'd like to know about that...

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose Sound Wave IV

Hi JPSinger, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Wave SoundTouch IV system, I'll do all I can to assist you! 

Firstly, I would recommend resetting your Router. You can do this by unplugging the router from power and plugging it back in after 30 seconds. 

Secondly, If you have a dual-band network, make sure your source device is connected to the same network as your Wave system. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

JPSinger
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

I will try resetting the router the next time the Sound Wave is not on line.

For some reason, it started working after I fiddled with it for about 30 minutes.   I have no idea why.

And I never have any idea why the unit does what it does.   We have only one network.

Thanks again,

Joyce

Hi Joyce, 

Thanks for your reply! 

I'm glad to hear that it seems to be working now! 

If you have any other issues, please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O