AndrejLt
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2021

Bose SoundTouch Wave IV pedestal issue. No WiFi no Bluetooth

I was using Wave IV system for a few years. Everything was ok. Two weeks ago it lost connection to my WIFi. I made a pedestal reset, relinked Wave system to my WIFI via iOS app and ....

3 days ago I’ve noticed that I cannot stream music via AirPlay and TuneIn radio doesn’t work either. WiFi indicator was lid white. I’ve pressed Control button, WiFi indicator became yellow. I tried to search for a Bose-xxxx WiFi, no success. Rebooted router and Bose. Nothing. 

I’ve made a factory reset on both pedestal and Wave system. I have connected system to my router via Ethernet cable. After factory reset on my router DHCP server Bose appeared with a different predefined name, so I assume factory reset was successful, SoundTouch Wave system has changed to its default name but iOS app does not detect the Wave IV system. I was trying Ethernet and WiFi connections as well. 
then I tried to make a manual firmware update. I have found an instruction in this forum. I have downloaded the update file, opened the link http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html. Selected the firmware file, clicked on UPLOAD. process has stopped at about 25%. 
I have tried to update using USB drive. Made everything as described. During boot up flash drive led was flashing but no text like (system updating) didn’t appear on the screen. Wave IV system didn’t reboot. Flash drive stopped to flash. I was waiting for more than 15 mins. Nothing happened. When I press power button Radio turns on. When I select Aux/Bluetooth - only Aux is available. 
when I navigate to the IP address of my Wave IV system (connected via Ethernet cable) using the browser on my PC I see the SoundTouch logo and two buttons X and “reload”

I’m stuck. Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrejLt
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2021

Re: Bose SoundTouch Wave IV pedestal issue. No WiFi no Bluetooth

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Jessie, 

thanks for your reply. When I turn on the SoundTouch Wave IV I cannot use SoundTouch application. Only Radio, CD and AUX are available.
What I did during last days, I’ve brought my Bose to authorized Bose service. They have fixed my SoundTouch. This was the first time when they have faced such issue. Pedestal was working fine. The problem was in the pedestal jack on the radio unit. First they have checked the cables, they were ok. Later checked the connection while pedestal and radio unit connected and noticed that signal appears and disappears while slightly moving the cable. As the engineer said they had to resolder 9 pin jack on the radio unit. Now it should work fine. Next few days will show. Hopefully this will solve the issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AndrejLt
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2021

Page is called SoundTouch Access Point Setup.

X and Reload buttons. X does nothing.

“Reload” button redirects me to page 404 not found. Link looks like /index.html?x=37&y=57

AndrejLt
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2021

Here are screenshots

frozen firmware update

867B89F7-2E16-4A7E-B55D-8226A9FA27C0.jpeg

soundTouch access point setup window

image.jpg

Jessie_O

Hey AndrejLt, 

Thank you for your post and for the detail you have provided. You have done some great troubleshooting already. 

I'm sorry to hear that the steps were not successful. I'll do what I can for you! 

I'd like to confirm a few details to better understand your issue. Once you connect to the application, can you tell me if the speaker is available to play in the SoundTouch application? For example, through Spotify? 

If you are able to connect to the application, can you tell me the firmware version you are running? This should be located on the 'About' part of the settings menu. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
AndrejLt
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2021

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Jessie, 

thanks for your reply. When I turn on the SoundTouch Wave IV I cannot use SoundTouch application. Only Radio, CD and AUX are available.
What I did during last days, I’ve brought my Bose to authorized Bose service. They have fixed my SoundTouch. This was the first time when they have faced such issue. Pedestal was working fine. The problem was in the pedestal jack on the radio unit. First they have checked the cables, they were ok. Later checked the connection while pedestal and radio unit connected and noticed that signal appears and disappears while slightly moving the cable. As the engineer said they had to resolder 9 pin jack on the radio unit. Now it should work fine. Next few days will show. Hopefully this will solve the issue.

View solution in original post

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us @AndrejLt

I'm glad to hear that you are back up and running! 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!