Bose Soundtouch Wave IV - after power up hiss sound, wont accept cd, wont play radio or aux

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Bose Soundtouch Wave IV - after power up hiss sound, wont accept cd, wont play radio or aux

My wave sound touch wave IV - was working until one day when I pressed the control button behind to reset the wifi settings.   

as soon as I power on and choose one of the radio, aux, bluetooth or internet radio - I get a hiss sound and nothing more.  It seems to correctly list all the songs I am trying to play or the radio statio but nothing.

unable to tune the radio

wont accept any cd's either.

sad.. and frustrating.  please help.

updating and downloading speaker software didnt help.

1 REPLY

Re: Bose Soundtouch Wave IV - after power up hiss sound, wont accept cd, wont play radio or aux

Hello Vimal! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that's happening, but I am glad to help. Let's see if a reset gets you up and running with the following instructions.

To reset the Wave SoundTouch Music System, follow these steps:

1. If there is a disc in the system, eject it whenever possible
  2. Turn the system off
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the Wave SoundTouch. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
    1. If there is a disc in the system that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds
  5. Retest the system

To reset the SoundTouch pedestal, follow these steps:

1. On the back of the SoundTouch pedestal, press and hold the Control button for more than 10 seconds and then release it
  2. After several seconds the pedestal should turn on again and reconnect with your network

If these steps are unsuccessful, please contact Customer Support here. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "Contact Us".

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support