Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

Bose Wave CD Player Model # AWRCIG not playing

Hello,

I have had this CD Player for years and it has been trouble-free, now when I insert a CD it will either flash 'Disc' or when I press to play the CD it will not play, the CD will simply go 'round and round'.  

Only on rare occasions anymore will it begin to play sound on the CD, so I know that it 'can', however it will usually stop after a while, it varies how long.

Any advice or trouble-shooting tips will be greatly appreciated, this has been a wonderful little CD player.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions which will clarify my issue for you.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose Wave CD Player Model # AWRCIG not playing

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Sam_F

Hey @cmsinvinc,

That sounds a pain! Let's see if we can get things working again.

I've encountered consumer issues before regarding CD's not playing and the CD player not operating. One of the troubleshooting tricks that I've recommended for this has returned success, so I'd be willing to try that first of all.

Simply, could you do the following:

1) Remove CD from the system and unplug the system from power.

2) Flip the system over on its top.

3) Gently tap the bottom of the system, to clear possible dirt or debris.

4) Plug the system back in and insert a CD to play.

Let me know once you've tried this if there's any improvement to the situation.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Sam_F

Hey @cmsinvinc,

That sounds a pain! Let's see if we can get things working again.

I've encountered consumer issues before regarding CD's not playing and the CD player not operating. One of the troubleshooting tricks that I've recommended for this has returned success, so I'd be willing to try that first of all.

Simply, could you do the following:

1) Remove CD from the system and unplug the system from power.

2) Flip the system over on its top.

3) Gently tap the bottom of the system, to clear possible dirt or debris.

4) Plug the system back in and insert a CD to play.

Let me know once you've tried this if there's any improvement to the situation.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

Thank you so much for your response Sam!  

Last night after I posted my question, I read through the trouble-shooting tips and manual on the site, about the only thing that I saw to do was to clean the CD and I did, as instructed, only with a lint-free cloth on the non-label side.  That resulted in the CD starting to play, but then stopping very soon afterwards.  I restarted the CD several times, however it continued to stop after just a short while.

I followed your instructions at 3:55 PM ET (it is now almost 4:45 PM ET) and it worked!  (Fingers crossed!)  The CD has completely played through all seven tracks, and I always put it on repeat and it started over onto the first track and is now on the second track again, this is much better than it has been performing, I pretty much had given up, then I thought of the website and found the Forum.

Again, fingers crossed that this is the solution, I will let you know here if the issue starts up again.

Thank you so much again Sam!

Highlighted

Hey @cmsinvinc,

That's great news! I had a feeling that may help with your issue.

I'm pleased to hear things are working as normal now, but please test out a variety of CD's and let me know if they continue to play without issue. I'd even advise trying those steps again in the future if need be.

But, if you notice the issue returns, do not hesitate to drop me a message below so we can look into things again!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

Hi Sam,

Unfortunately, the CD stopped playing, the CD player was in the other room and was not on loud and I was busy in another room, so I am not certain how long it continued to play before it stopped.  As I mentioned, I had the CD on repeat, so it should have kept going.

I will try the steps again, and if you have any other suggestions, I will greatly appreciate them.  I used to have no problems playing on repeat all day on low and this has been frustrating.  It certainly seems that the player works, it just isn't working the way it used to.

Thank you so much again Sam, and I hope you will have some other ideas!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Re: Bose Wave CD Player Model # AWRC3G not playing

I’m sorry to barge in on this recent discussion but I’ve also been having similar problems with my 19-year old Wave radio/cd player.

I’ve tried unplugging, waiting 1 minute, replacing battery, tapping base etc but I’m still getting the green ‘dISC’ and flashing ‘CD’ display every time I try to load the CD player. 

Are there any other tricks I could try or do I just consign it to the bin?

Thanks

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Hi Sam

I’m sorry to barge in on this recent discussion but I’ve also been having similar problems with my 19-year old Wave radio/cd player (model AWRC3G)

I’ve tried unplugging, waiting 1 minute, replacing battery, tapping base etc, but I’m still getting the green ‘dISC’ and flashing ‘CD’ display every time I try to play a CD.

Are there any other tricks I could try or do I just consign it to the bin?

Thanks

Highlighted

Re: Bose Wave CD Player Model # AWRC3G not playing

Hello Martin Johnson, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. No need to apologize, you're more than welcome to engage!

If you have tried the suggestions left by my colleague Sam, I would recommend getting in touch with local support in your region to check your options for service. While these systems are legacy products and components are no longer manufactured for us to be able to offer a repair, your local team may be able to offer you a trade in to a newer model!

All the best.