Bose Wave IV Bluetooth will not connect

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Bose Wave IV Bluetooth will not connect

The Wave IV will not connect to bluetooth transmitter.   The light on the Bose Link Adapter blinks but the display reports "No Signal."  I put my Bose Soundlink Mini right next to it and it paired easily to the transmitter in the next room.  My MacAir does not see the adapter.  I took the Wave and Adapter into the same room as the transmitter but received the same "No Signal" message.  It all worked yesterday.  I suppose the adapter

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Wave IV Bluetooth will not connect

Hello genemike, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some trouble connecting to your adapter. Are you referring to a SoundTouch pedestal or do you have a SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter?

If you have the pedestal, I would recommend factory resetting the system. To do this:

1. On the back of the Wave system, check that the Bose link connection is secure
  2. If connected, disconnect the Ethernet cable from the pedestal
  3. On the back of the Wave system, disconnect the power cord
  4. On the back of the pedestal, press and hold the Control button and, while holding it, reconnect the power cord to the Wave system
  5. When the light on the pedestal begins blinking white (about five seconds), release the Control button
  6. Wait until the light on the adapter is solid amber. (Note: While resetting, the light will change colors and blink patterns for up to 4 minutes)
  7. If previously connected, reconnect the Ethernet cable

To factory reset the STWLA:

1. On the back of the product, disconnect the power cable
  2. Press and hold the Control button and, while holding it, reconnect the power cable
  3. When the Wi-Fi light glows solid amber, release the Control button.

Let me know which product you have and if the factory reset does not help, I will be happy to assist you further.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support