Icnttpoym
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Bose Wave IV Sound Issues

I got the Bose Wave Radio IV for Christmas and when I play CDs or through a WaveCast on my iPhone with Bluetooth, the sound is ok. When I try playing my TCL ROKU tv through the radio using an aux cable, I don’t have any sound at all until I’m on 70 and can barely hear much of anything even maxed out at 99.  I tried it through my turntable and am having similar issues.  I had previously had a Bose soundbar that worked pretty well with my tv so I know it’s not an issue with my tv.  I was really hoping to use this for my tv and turntable as I don’t really listen to CDs and radios but this sound is useless. I’m pretty disappointed in this $300 alarm clock.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose Wave IV Sound Issues

Hi Icnttoym, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

In regards to your issue, I would recommend making sure that the volume on your TV is turned up as well to make sure that this is not affecting the volume of the Wave. 

It's important to note that the Wave system is not recommended for use with a TV.

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.