Bose Wave Music System - Noises, Squeaks, Squeals, Pops, Crackles

Silent Starter

Bose Wave Music System - Noises, Squeaks, Squeals, Pops, Crackles

I have a old Wave Music System that has been gently used and must be around 10 years old.

Yesterday, I noticed that when the system is not playing anything, it suddenly starts making some weird noises - squeals, clicks, crackles, squeaks

I recorded the noises on my mobile. You can hear it online here : https://instaud.io/3pRJ

[1] The noises are volume dependent - i.e. the volume of the noise changes with the volume setting
[2] They start when the machine has been on for 15 ~ 20 minutes
[3] They are not continuous - they start and stop randomly, with some 20~30 minute gap. There is no other buzz or hum or any background noise.
[4] The noises occur whether the machine is in Aux or CD mode and even when nothing is playing (Radio mode not tested since the radio will mask the sounds)
[5] Tested with machine in Aux mode - with nothing connected and CD mode - with no CD and sounds still occur
[6] I opened up the machine and ensured all connectors are tightly fixed, so no issues there

Any help in zeroing in on the reason for the noises would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose Wave Music System - Noises, Squeaks, Squeals, Pops, Crackles

Hi Julie.m, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you have encountered this issue with your Wave system.

From what you have described it sounds like an internal fault with the Wave system. I would recommend contacting you local Customer Support Team for further assistance.

If you select this link - Contact Us you can select your region. Scroll to the bottom and select contact us which will provide you with their contact number.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support