Highlighted
frenchaustin
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Bose Wave Music System with Multi-CD Changer

My Multi-CD Changer is no longer able to play CDs. The main Wave Music Radio / CD works fine, but the Multi-CD Changer is unable to "recognize" CDs so is unable to play them.  I have already used the Update Disc that came with the Multi-CD Changer originally but it did not change a thing. All components are original BOSE Wave music system components.

I assume there is a more recent update that was pushed out for this model? Is that what it needs or something else?  The machine is lightly used and there should be no reason for it to no longer work so that is why I think that it needs a newer more recent update. Is this something I can order?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose Wave Music System with Multi-CD Changer

Hello frenchaustin,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! 

It's a shame that you are experiencing difficulty with your Wave Music System's Multi-Disc changer, this is absolutely something I can help you out with today! We can do some troubleshooting, but first can you please tell me whether all your CD's are not playing or if it is just certain ones? Where they previously working?

To start with I would recommend checking that the Bose Link cable has not come loose and perhaps unplug them to check for any debris that could be affecting the CD's playing. Then it would also be a good idea to reset the system if you have not done this already, please follow the steps below:

1.  there are discs in the system, eject them whenever possible
  2. Turn the system off
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the Wave Music System Multi-disc changer. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. “-PLEASE WAIT-“ will appear in the display. Do not press any buttons on the remote until the message appears
    1. If there is a disc in the Wave Music System that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds
    2. If there are discs in the Wave Music System Multi-disc changer that were not previously ejected, these discs should eject starting with the first occupied slot
      1. If the first disc that ejects is not removed within 10 seconds it will automatically reload and no other discs in the Multi-disc changer will eject
      2. If the first disc that ejects is removed, the next occupied slot with a disc will eject. Each disc must be pulled out as they eject to retrieve all three discs
  6. Once the “-PLEASE WAIT-“ message disappears, retest the system

You should also try cleaning the disk tray with a dry clean cloth or you can lightly vacuum the area. 

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

DaleE
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

I have a Bose Radio II and I am trying to get it to work with Bose Multi-CD changer.  Any way to get this to work.    Since the Radio II does not have a CD player no way to use the update disk.

Hello DaleE,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

The Wave Radio II is not a system that is/or can be compatible with a Multi-CD Changer. I'm truly sorry if this may disappoint you.

My best suggestion would be purchasing a 3rd-party Multi-CD Changer that has the ability to connect via AUX. I am unable to make any recommendations but I welcome other members of the Community to input their advice.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G