joanne123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

Bose Wave Radio CD player - does not play cds

My CD player is not playing.  It spins, but does not play music   I have model AWRD-1G, Serial #(**MODERATOR EDIT PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED**)

I replaced the 9 volt battery on the bottom.  I have unplugged it and plugged it back in.  It spins the CD, shows Track 1 for about 30 seconds, then Track 1 goes away, it just says CD and it stops spinning.  There is also a slight clicking noise when it spins.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joanne123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

Re: Bose Wave Radio CD player - does not play cds

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Zoe_C

I called the local support team, they were very polite.  My CD radio is too old and Bose no longer carries parts for it.  I gave it to my husband to see if he could maybe do something.  He opened the cover of teh CD player and slid the little cd reader back and forth and then tried a cd and it works.  Maybe the reader was stuck so it wasn't reading the CD.

thought I would pass this on as a possible solution for someone else

13 REPLIES 13

Hi joanne123,

Thanks for posting. At this time the best thing would be for you to contact your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

joanne123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Zoe_C

I called the local support team, they were very polite.  My CD radio is too old and Bose no longer carries parts for it.  I gave it to my husband to see if he could maybe do something.  He opened the cover of teh CD player and slid the little cd reader back and forth and then tried a cd and it works.  Maybe the reader was stuck so it wasn't reading the CD.

thought I would pass this on as a possible solution for someone else

Hi joanne123,

That's great news! We are glad you were able to work out your issue.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

TeresaH
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2019

Hello Tony G,

I have the same problem as Joanne123 had.  Before I go at it with a screwdriver, where can I find the 9 volt battery slot?  I can't see an obvious slot underneath my Bose, do you mean underneath the remote?  Thanks for your help.

Hi TeresaH, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to see you are having this issue.

Which Wave Radio CD player do you own and I shall try to assist you further.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

TeresaH
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2019

Thanks for getting back to me, Leon.

I can't see what my Bose Wave Music System model is, but the serial number is: [Redacted].

Are you able to trace the model with the serial number?

Hope so!  Teresa.

*Moderator edit: personal information*

Hello Teresa H,

Thanks for posting in the community, I  would recommend resetting your product as while this is a simple step it can often fix the issue, please follow the steps below to do this: 

• If there is a disc in the system, eject it whenever possible

• Turn the system off

• Disconnect the power cord from the back of the WMS. Wait 30 seconds

• Reconnect the power cord

• If there is a disc in the system that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds

• Retest the system

Check a Bose Multi-Disc Changer is connected, check for bent or missing pins.

• If the 9-pin Bose Link connector plugged into the back of the Wave system has broken, bent, or missing pins, service will be required for the changer. If any of the pins have broken and are stuck in the jack on the back of the Wave Music system, service will be required for the Multi-Disc Changer and Wave Music System.

I hope these steps help, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C - Community Support 

TeresaH
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2019

Thanks for your help Zoe C.

Yesterday evening I followed your instructions and then tested 8 CDs, 4 played, 4 didn’t.

Repeated and 4 played, 4 didn’t.  Not necessarily the same CDs

Turned the system off overnight and all 8 CDs are working.

Hurray! Thank you from Teresa H.

Highlighted
sgcl
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

I have a similar problem to TheresaH.  My Wave Music System (SN ending AC) blocks inserting a CD and when I try it resets the clock to 12:00.  I can perform a system reset, alter the clock and volume.  Pressing the FM/AM, CD and AUX buttons on the remote does nothing.  If I take the cover off the machine and part the CD aperture and then insert a CD it immediately displays 'EJECTING CD'.  I have used the Bose chat service and was told it would cost £104 to service the machine.  As I mainly use it on AUX to play other audio because of the high quality of its speakers I wondered if there was a way of fixing the problem myself even if I have to use a soldering iron and purchase some new electronic components.  An Amazon Echo at £65 is almost £40 cheaper than the cost of the Bose service.