Highlighted
EinsteinJ
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Bose Wave Radio/CD

A friend gave me a CD (MP3) and it wouldn’t play - she then burned another one as an Audio CD and it still won’t play.  Anyone know why? Thanks for any assistance 😩

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bose Wave Radio/CD

Hello EintsteinJ,

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues playing CDs on your Wave Radio CD. To help me assist you further, can you please confirm if the system you are using has a top loading CD drive? If so, you can use something like a cotton bud to gently clean the glass lens element inside the system that is on top of the laser that reads the disc. If there is dust/debris, you may experience issue with playback. 

I look forward to hearing from you and if anyone else is having similar issues, please feel free to get involved in the conversation. 

Kind regards 

Jeff G - Community Support

EinsteinJ
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

I have done that and my other CDs have no problem in playing. 😟

Hello EinsteinJ,

If all other CDs are working fine, I would assume then that the formats in which you are exporting the discs are not supported by the system. 

The Wave Radio CD supports:

- CD

- CD-R

It is not compatible with:

- CD-RW

- MP3 On CD

- MP3 On DVD

- WMA

- AAC

- SACD

- DVD-Audio

- DualDisc
- CD Side

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

JanGarr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

No, my CD player is front loading 

baraster1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

My cd player just stopped playing cd's one day. It is a top loader on my old acoustic wave radio. I want to keep the system because it is perfect where I have it with great sound. Thought the problem might be dust inside the cd player itself which I tried to clean with a cd cleaner disc. Don't want to ruin my discs... Please advise me as to what I should do such as send it in to be fixed...but where??

Many thanks...

Hello Baraster1,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry that you are having issues with your Wave CD player. If possible could you provide me with the exact name of the system as this will allow me to establish the most accurate troubleshooting for your issue.

In the meantime there are a few basic things we can try: 

• Try multiple CD's to distinguish if the issue is with a specific CD. 
  • Try resetting your system, turn the system off and unplug it for 5 minutes. After this plug it back in and try again. 
  • Wipe the CD's before putting them into the system to ensure there is nothing blocking the CD reader. 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W