Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Bose Wave Radio - blown up?

I have a Wave Radio which, although 20 years old was working perfectly.  This was purchased in USA but recently I relocated to the UK and plugged my radio in using a travel adaptor (not a converter).  There was a small pop and radio stopped working.  Can anyone tell me is this just a blown fuse that I can replace and then use the radio again using a proper converter plug. Or did I kill it permanently?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose Wave Radio - blown up?

Bose tend not to have user replaceable parts and you may find that since it's 20 years old there may be parts no longer available or that it's too expensive to repair anyway.

Highlighted

Re: Bose Wave Radio - blown up?

Hi Sweetsu,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you have had with your Wave Radio and I would be happy to help.

It sounds like this issue has been caused by the difference in voltage from the US the UK. As the US uses 120V and the UK uses 240V there is quite a difference in the power supplies. If your model of Wave Radio did not have a power converter in front of it, this can cause power issues.

You could always try reconnecting to power, with a converter in place this time and see if we are able to get the radio working again but it may not do so if an internal component is damaged.

What I would recommend we do is get in touch with your local support team in the UK as they will be able to help you with this further. You can find the contact information at this link.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.