Bose Wave Series 3 cd error

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose Wave Series 3 cd error

I have a Bose series 3 cd/radio Wave which is rejecting all cd's as NOT READABLE. The disc spins and I have cleaned the laser, also reset to factory settings. The system has hardly ever been used as a CD player so is like new having only used it as a radio. Please can you advise as to the best course of action. I am a retired electronics engineer and generally pretty capable but this has me foxed.

Kind regards

Rod

1 REPLY

Re: Bose Wave Series 3 cd error

Hello Rod! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that's happening, but am glad to assist. Is the Wave rejecting all types of CD's, including commercially manufactured discs? You might also check to see if there are any sources of interference either from devices located near the Wave or on the same power circuit. I will include the instructions for reset below though it sounds like you have already done this. 

Reset instructions (without Multi-disc changer):

1. If there is a disc in the system, eject it whenever possible
  2. Turn the system off
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the WMS. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
    1. If there is a disc in the system that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds
  5. Retest the system

Should none of these work it is likely that a service technician will need to diagnose the fault. Please contact Customer Support to set up a service repair. Contact information can be found here. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "Contact Us".

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support