Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2016

Bose Wave Sound Touch bluetooth not pairing

Wave Sound Touch IV system bluetouch will not pair.  Can't get "ready to connect" message.  Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose Wave Sound Touch bluetooth not pairing

Hello kywnnp, 

Thanks for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues pairing your Wave SoundTouch Music System IV to your device via Bluetooth. 

To Troubleshoot this, can you please try the following: 

On the system: 

1. Power on the system.

2. Press the SoundTouch button on your remote control until 'BLUETOOTH' source is selected on the system display. 

3. Press and briefly hold (for around 1 second) the SoundTouch button until a pairing message appears.

If the speaker does not show the pairing message, you may need to replace the remote battery as holding a button requires more power usage than a single press. The remote users a CR2032, or a DL2032 for Duracell battery users. If you still are unable to get the system to show pairing mode, please unplug from power for around 1 minute, then plug back in and repeat the above steps. If the issue persists, please reach out to support in your country to seek a replacement remote. 

I hope this helps. Please feel free to let me know how you get on. If anyone else is having similar issues, you are more than welcome to join in the conversation!

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Since I have purchased this system it has never paired correctly and the store I bought it

is no longer there. I have tried all the the things you have suggested and it still does not work. What are my options now..??

Thank you

Highlighted

As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your speaker. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

My Wave 1V suddenly quit pairing also. oooh I miss my BOSE! So I am trying these above suggestions. The phone can not ‘see’ the bluetooth for Bose. So I now going for the battery replacement. Donning a mask. Hope I can make it work. Thanks

Shanti-Sea