Cherylwall1017
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Bose Wave SoundTouch cuts out more often in humidity

Help!

I should begin charting the regularity of the disconnections of my Bose Wave SoundTouch during humid weeks. It is cutting out and “performing updates” several times a week—and sometimes several times a day—and these occurrences seem to happen this frequently during these humid months of summer. I know I have the most current updates, because I “update” SO often (during each of these episodes). 

Is wifi sensitive to humidity?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Wave SoundTouch cuts out more often in humidity

Hello Cherylwall101,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Wave SoundTouch system. This is very strange indeed, I would be more than happy to help you with this, could you please tell me what happens after the update has finished? Does the system work as it should again? Can you confirm what Wave system version you currently have? You could also try a product reset and then test to see if this helps at all.

To reset your product:

• Disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds. If there is a disc in the system, it will automatically eject, then re-insert if not removed within 10 seconds.

To reset the SoundTouch pedestal (Note: Your SoundTouch settings are not lost during a reset):

1. On the back of the SoundTouch pedestal, press and hold the Control button for about 10 seconds until the Wi-Fi light turns off
  2. Wait while the pedestal reboots and reconnects to your network. Once reconnected, the light is solid white.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support