Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2021

Bose Wave Soundtouch IV network connectivity

Bose product name

Bose Wave Soundtouch IV

Country

Canada

I recently purchased this system and I am using it at my office. With our secure network, I'm unable to connect it to WIFI. However, I still intend to play music on the radio and through bluetooth from my phone. This works no problem but after a few minutes of play it cuts out. The screen says to follow the instructions on the app to set up. I deleted the app from my phone as I can't connect to the network here. I've tried to turn off the wifi on the back of the system. But it all seems to reset and try to connect each time. The only way to avoid this is to unplug the pedestal. But if I do that I can't connect my phone via bluetooth either. 

Does anyone have any possible solutions for me?

5 REPLIES 5
Liam_G

Re: Bose Wave Soundtouch IV network connectivity

Hello Ted.dekleine, and welcome to the Community! I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Wave system but I will be happy to help out. 

Are you able to see a Wi-Fi status light on the back of the pedestal? If yes, can you tell me what colour and what pattern is showing. 
You should see a solid amber light, which will indicate that the Wave is in set up mode and is ready to be added to the Soundtouch app. 

Also, are you setting this speaker up at your work office or are you setting this up on your home network? 

Looking forward to hear from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ted.dekleine
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2021

Thanks for the reply. The Wi-Fi light on the back of the pedestal is solid white. I am planning to use the system at my office so therefore won’t be using it to it’s full capabilities right now. I won’t have it connected to wifi. But I would still like to use the radio and also stream via Bluetooth from my phone. But if I have the pedestal connected it will cut off the radio while it tries to enter setup mode. So I have to unplug the pedestal from the unit and just use it as a radio. And then plug in the pedestal if I want to use Bluetooth. Was hoping there was a way to just stop it from trying to setup Wi-Fi. 

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this Ted. 

So there won't be a workaround for having to disconnect the pedestal as the system isn't being fully set up, so it will assume that you are attempting to do this each time. Instead of using the Bose SoundTouch app, have you tried to connect directly to the speaker via Bluetooth? 

I'd also like to know if you experience these disconnects with any other Bluetooth device connected to the speaker? 

We look forward to hearing back from you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
ted.dekleine
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2021

Thanks. Yes, I can easily play the radio and play from my phone through Bluetooth. It connects and plays no problem at all. Which is great. And I'm enjoying the sound quality. The only problem is that the system automatically is trying to set up the wifi network through the pedestal. So it turns off the music (radio or bluetooth) while it tries to inform me to set it up. 

I was hoping I could just not use the wifi network and soundtouch app features for now and still play the radio and use the bluetooth. But this doesn't seem possible. 

I currently disconnect the pedestal so that I can play the radio uninterrupted. And it works fine. However, if I want to play anything else using bluetooth I have to plug the pedestal back in and then I have this problem.

Liam_G

Thanks for clarifying that! Unfortunately there is no other workaround regarding excluding Wi-Fi while still being able to use Bluetooth. 

How long are you able to play via Bluetooth or radio before the system trying to set up? Are you still seeing a white light on the back of the pedestal while it does this? 

Looking forward to hear from you!