Highlighted
Sevenstones
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Bose Wave radio Need to adjust bass

I have a Bose Wave III that is a couple of years old, running software 04.00.02

The bass is and always has been way too heavy - it nearly rattles walls and voices are not clear.  

Per a thread from a few years ago, the advice was to call and get a disc to update software to 04.04.01 or higher to access bass adjustment. 

However, when I just called the Bose technical help number, I was told they no longer offer that disc and I would have to pay $60 and send the radio to Indiana to have the software updated. 

Is there really no other other way I can update the software myself?   Is there no disc available anywhere? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose Wave radio Need to adjust bass

Hi SevenStones, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

So that I can assist further and more accurately I would recommend that you perform a reset on the system via: 

• Turn the product off
  • Unplug the power cord from the power outlet. Wait 1 minute
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Retest the system

I would also recommend that you move the speaker away from any walls or corners to prevent bass. 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Sevenstones
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Thank you, Hector.  I have unplugged and reset the system many times.  It has been moved to several locations and is nowhere near a wall right now.  

There used to be a disc available to be sent to allow the customer to update software in order to access a bass adjustment setting.  is there any way to update the software from my home?  Is there any way to get that disc? 

Hi Sevenstones, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us today. 

Can you please confirm which version of the Bose Wave Radio system you have? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B