Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Bose Wave radio shuts off when using aux mode

My Bose Wave radio(US) turns on and off when I use a Sirius dock with my starmate radio in AUX mode.  I've sent the radio back to Bose several times, they finally replaced it, but it still does it.  Other devices work fine in the AUX mode.  I've switched the radio, the cord, even purchased a new dock but it still does it.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose Wave radio shuts off when using aux mode

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry that you are experiencing some power issues whilst using AUX mode with your Wave radio. 

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what model Wave product do you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model.  

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Sorry, I should have included that originally.  It's the Wave music system IV.

Highlighted

@k9cruiser No problem! As it's only isolated to your Sirius dock, have you had any success with connecting it to any other devices, besides your Wave Music System IV?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Yes, I've plugged it into an ihome receiver and it played fine for days.  

Highlighted

k9cruiser, 

Thanks for confirming this. 

Can I ask, how are you listening to the audio? 

Do you have the media device set to 100%, and set the Wave volume accordingly? 

Or do you have the Wave volume set to 100% and the media device set accordingly? 

The reason I ask this is that some devices have an automatic sleep function that kicks after no audio is detected after a period of time. I have experienced issues in the past where the owner of the product has set the volume of the wave to a higher level but had the media device at a lower volume to compensate. This fell below the audio threshold which triggering the wake function to activate.

I'd recommend setting the media device to 100% and set the volume of the Wave to your desired listening level. 

Give this a try and let me know if it helps!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Yes I've always had the Sirius receiver volume adjusted to 100%, but the Wave radio doesn't just turn off, it turns on and off repeatedly.