Lingami
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

Re: Bose Wave radio

Having the exact same problem with the same model.
Manojonline123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

I think it definitely is a software issue. Bose has programmed these systems to brick after 10 years of use. I bet most of us bought it exactly ten years back!

Hi Lingami,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about that. Could I ask, what troubleshooting you have done so far?

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

loislane911
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

I bought mine in 2008, so it's about ten years for me too.  Could you explain to me how a software issue could cause this, it's a bit beyond my scope of knowledge.  Another person on this thread did all the troubleshooting (if I read this - turn on, turn off, unplug, etc. - as a "moderator" suggestion again, as though no one else has this problem, I am going to scream) -- to continue, they called Bose and were told to send their Bose Wave System in to be cleaned for $100, and that it might resolve the "please wait" dead-music-system issue.  

Do you think there is power in numbers, since we all have the same issue with the same model?  Would it help to do something as a group, perhaps a letter or email?  

Manojonline123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

We all have done typical troubleshooting (which is not a whole lot to be honest and most lame troubleshooting one would ever hear) - switching off, taking out AUX wires, letting it in off state for an hour, switching back again etc. Bose knows they sneaked in a rogue code that suddenly these systems are breaking down.
loislane911
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Is there anything we can do as a group?  Can we call them on it?  Any blogs or sites that have any clout that we should contact?  For example: in dealing with Amazon there's an email address where you can (supposedly) reach out directly to Bezos, and it works wonders.  Is there a higher up at Bose who actually cares?  

Highlighted
Manojonline123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

I called them and even spoke to supervisor of the customer care rep I spoke to. He offered me 25% discount on $119 service fee. He said we have sold millions of these systems and these problems are too few. In short, his message was “we don’t care. Pay up or thank you”. Having no choice but to trash the system, I took the discount option.
loislane911
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Did they fix it for $119 (minus 25%)?

Manojonline123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

I am going to send it for servicing. They have sent the prepaid label.
loislane911
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Please let me know how it goes and if they are able fix it.   Did they say that $119 is the fee to fix it, or just a starting fee (in case they find out or say it's a bigger issue)?   Thanks.