Should be "has NOW..." not "has not..."

Highlighted
Manojonline123
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Bose Wave radio

Philip

Be ready to shell out $100 to have the system repaired. There is no other solution. Bose repair team will then remove the software bug (in the pretense of changing parts as well). They wouldn’t tell you what was wrong!
WHK
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 26, 2019

Adding my voice to the continued issues everyone is experiencing. Just contacted Bose who refused to give a discount as noted in so many previous threats. Total with tax approximately $125. No other solutions offered worked. Have loved this radio and sincerely hope it’s returned fixed in, as noted, 3-4 weeks as they wanted a credit card up front.  Very concerning that so many radios seem to be feeling about the same time. Unit is model AWRCC2 for the record.

Hi WHK,

Thanks for sharing your experience Please come back and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Philip The K
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 18, 2019

With a great deal of resignation, I am coming out in the same place as WHK in that I am thinking that a return is the least bad option.  As it turns out, I have two Bose Wave Radios that are not functioning correctly (the older was purchased in 1995) and I will try to deal with them both at the same time.  Fortunately, there is a Bose retail store near me so I will probably start there and see if they have some advice for something I may have missed.  Assigning a 5% probably of a favorable result from that effort, I will probably turn them over for the full workover.  Maybe that will result in another ten operational years for each.  May I live so long.

Hi Philip The K,

Thank you for posting. Please let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Tony G

super lucky
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 28, 2019

I had the same "please wait" problem, the tech was up front and told me the only solution was a factory repair. He was going to charge me $119, but telling him that others on this site were given a 25% discount he quickly obliged me as well as provided a shipping label. I know this isn't a perfect solution but at least I'll be able to use my radio again. I hope this helps.

Baseleg
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2019

On January 15, 2019 I called for repair, and requested the 25% discount.  Imagine my surprise when the operator immediatly offered a 50% discount off of the $119 quoted fee!  With tax I charged $63.52 to my credit card.. a pretty good deal considering that this includes shipping in both directions to Jeffersonville, Indiana.  
As I suspected, the CD deck component was replaced (the laser does not last forever).  Unfortunatly, BOSE is the only source I could find for this part, and they will not sell it to you.  This is the best solution for this otherwise excellent product.  Round Trip time from handing the package to a UPS driver to home delivery was 11 days!  The enclosed repair report says they replaced in my AWRCC2 unit:
360148-0010  qty 1 CD DRIVE, SLOT LOAD, 12CM DISC
299456-003S  qty 1 SLAB ASSY, WMS, DSP, RoHS,03.02.01,SVCE
    I hope the 2nd item updates the software that bricks the unit when the laser fails.  Ten years from now I won't be listening to many CD's, but I still want the radio and AUX input to work for whatever technology is popular at that time.  
   I marked the major interior components and case before shipping to see what was replaced.  Of course there was a new CD assembly.  Directly below the CD assembly was a brand new logic board (I presume that DSP means digital signal processor).  Everything else was the same.  The display window had a piece of plastic covering it to protect it during repair and in shipping.. I suspect that some people mistake this for a new case. 

The unit sounds better than I remember!  I use my Wave Radio mostly connected to my Echo Dot (Alexa) for playing streaming music these days.  I still listen to CD's and radio occasionally.    
    For those being refused a discount, I suggest that you hang up and call on a different day.  

stro4376
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2019

I am having the same issue. Did you send yours in yet? If so, what was the issue?

Stacey
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Baseleg wrote:

On January 15, 2019 I called for repair, and requested the 25% discount.  Imagine my surprise when the operator immediatly offered a 50% discount off of the $119 quoted fee!  With tax I charged $63.52 to my credit card.. a pretty good deal considering that this includes shipping in both directions to Jeffersonville, Indiana. ...

@Baseleg 

You get full marks for thoroughness and commitment to your Bose product. I think your experience with the Bose service center was typical. They really do a good job, in my experience. The fact that you are looking to keep the radio for another 10 years is admirable in this age of disposable products. Bose products do have a reputation for lasting as well.

I hope your optical media will last as long as your wave CD/radio!